Monday, January 25, 2010

Kids Club Challenge Provided Baseball Glove

Who knew that in the late 1940’s, the Paris Royal Crown Bottling Company manager Paul Perry partnered with the new WTPR radio station to host a Saturday morning kids club? The program was broadcast live from the bottling plant at 222 W. Wood St. and Fentress (now has a train mural). The MC was a WTPR announcer and may have been Ralph Emery. They held a contest for the most RC bottle caps collected. My dad was a wholesale grocery salesman and I emptied every bottle cap catcher in country stores in parts of Henry, Stewart, and Benton Counties. Sorting the caps was a sticky mess, but I won the grand prize; a baseball glove which I used in my Little League years. Source – Remembrances of Margery (Mrs. Paul) Perry and Ray Harding. Submitted by Ray Harding.

No comments:

Post a Comment